Join me for a Three-day Self-Mastery Workshop in Costa Rica May 2-6
Combine Reiki energy & aura work with exploration in gorgeous Costa Rica
The Self-Mastery Workshop, taught/led by Kimberly Naugle Long, will feature daily guided meditation, energy awareness training, chakra balancing through energy work, singing-chanting, creating and maintaining healthy energy boundaries, and aura maintenance. Our goal is to learn to increase flow and vitality for wellness. We will use Reiki meditations and energy awareness of the energy meridians.
Alajuela City Stay
We’ll center our practice at an adorable small hotel in Alajuela, a small city adjacent to capital city San Jose, only minutes from the international airport. Daily excursions will be made to a city spa’s private pool, tree canopy zip line, and swinging bridge tour with hot springs immersion. We will practice staying open and curious while pushing our sense of adventure. Staying in the flow with Reiki and other practices in real life adrenaline rush situations is a challenge. How fun to put the practice to test!
The energy of this sweet town is quaint as there as many parks as there are little boutiques for everything you can imagine: clothes, school supplies, shoes, books, baked goods, and more. Each purchase you make helps a local family which in turn helps this community stay abundant and enjoy the beauty of their country.
While staying here I was amazed at the energy that flows through each of the shop keepers here. Most everyone feels very centered, relaxed, and filled with loving energy. It’s such an amazing feeling to explore and sense the love of this country from an energy healing perspective. The hotel I knew would be perfect for our get away as I saw The Four Agreements of the front desk in both English and Spanish. I will be thrilled to guide you through this amazing country in our short stay.
Hot Springs Energy Experience
Extend your stay and enjoy several days at the hot springs near resting active Arenal Volcano. This area features more than 12 hot springs. Our extension includes 2 overnight stays here. The hot springs feature pools of a variety of temperatures with waterfalls for a natural massage. We will focus on checking our energy flow before the hot springs and afterwards. Each hot springs area have an on-site restaurant and bar so everyone can enjoy their stay without having to leave. Depending on the participants, we may rent a van or hire a driver to bring us around the various hot springs and rappelling excursions.
Self-Mastery Workshop, Hotel, and Excursions (breakfast and lunch included) – US$850
Superior Room has a queen bed and small private bathroom with A/C.
Cost includes three nights at host hotel, three days of training with Kim, light breakfast (Plato típico), and travel and destination fees to excursions.
Two days at hot springs resort at Arenal (breakfast only) – Add approx US$550
Enjoy two additional nights in a private room at the Paradise Hot Springs. Breakfast only included.
Shuttle to the airport will need to be booked individually along with return COVID test if still required by USA and is not included in price.
*Deposit $450 due by March 15th. 3% credit card use fee not included. $150 of deposit may not be refundable depending on various companies and their deposit requirements and fees.
Register by March 15th
Please let me know if you would like to join and I will get registration form to you. I will have final costs by March 21st once I have total head count to calculate excursions.
**Please plan on booking your flight by March 20th at the latest for best price. Book a changeable ticket just in case of illness or family emergency-all airlines offer this and is much cheaper than refundable.
***Passport is required and must not expire within 6 months of May 2022.
Airfare, taxi/shuttle to and from airport, lunch & dinners are not included in above costs.
A nice dinner at a local restaurant will cost about US$20 with tip (10% is customary).
Flights are $280 (Spirit) to about $475-700 (Delta), and are direct nonstop from Atlanta airport.
If you chose Spirit, please do not check your luggage as it’s hit or miss on it arriving.
May 2, Monday:
• Day 0. Arrive Monday night at Alajuela City Hotel for a workshop meet and greet 7pm & receive workshop materials. Prepare for an early start on Tuesday! Dinner on your own.
May 3, Tuesday:
• Day 1. 7:30 breakfast, 8am start meditation, 10:30am- Walk together to a private pool oasis. Spend the day doing moving meditations and mind, body, energy awareness, including wading into a private stone-lined pool to help you connect with energy flow sensations. Connect with energy fields and chakras, then learn proper grounding for staying present and increasing energy flow. Bring your notebook for a journaling prompt; lunch is provided. Enjoy free time for dinner and shopping. Return and connect in courtyard for an evening grounding practice and recheck.
May 4, Wednesday:
• Day 2. Rise early to catch our group shuttle to a zipline and/or rappelling adventure. We will begin with healing meditation and energy grounding practice for good flow then test it out at either zipline or waterfall rappelling with post-event meditation and energy awareness.
We will focus on healthy energy boundaries and maintenance with a Q&A, enjoy meditations on energy flow and expansion work. Dinner on your own near the hotel, then rejoin in the courtyard for art doodling with energetic flow and watercolors. Receive a journaling prompt for evening reflection.
May 4, Thursday:
• Day 3. Rise early to catch our group shuttle to a Swinging Bridge Canopy tour with hot springs soak (2 hour drive each way where we will discuss energy awareness and more!). Bring your luggage if you opt to add on a two-night stay at the hot springs resort. We will close the workshop together before parting ways!
May 5, Friday:
• Day 4. On your own: Take a COVID Test (not included, about $40-65) and fly home, or add nights to the hotel, or choose to extend your visit with a trip to Costa Rica’s many beaches or jungles. Let me know if you’d like more info about areas to chose!
Activity order subject to change based on weather.
What to know/bring:
• Costa Rica is equatorial with sunshine from 6am to 6pm, so all driving will occur between those hours. Direct sun is very strong, take precautions as needed.
• Arenal Área features at least 12 different hot springs areas, Canopy tours, ziplines, and rappelling excursions. Our Thurs excursion will be at one of the original Hot Springs park Tabacon Hot Springs, which has a resort hotel of $550 & up overnight. These springs are in the jungle along hiking trails,& worth enjoying for the pictures opts, adventure, and fun.
The opt add-on over night is located at a more quiet, private Paradise Hot Springs established in 2011 with lovely large hotel rooms for $200/night. They have 7 different temperature pools, waterfall, and swim up fresh juice bar.
• There’s a fast lab for a 1-hour COVID test required to re-enter the U.S. It’s a quick walk 1 block away, on the square across from Alajuela City Hotel, and opens at 6:30am. There’s also one at the airport.
• Bring a journal, bathing suit, small towel, water shoes, and walking shoes in addition to your summer clothing. I recommend a long sleeve, light jacket and pants for cooler nights. Bug spray and sunscreen can be brought or purchased locally (pack liquids and lotions under 3oz if doing carry-on.)
• Use a local ATM to draw out cash in Costa Rican currency – colones – or pay with an international (no-fee) credit card at most places. Check with your bank and credit card company to ensure your cards allow international transactions with no fees. If not, you may chose to bring cash to exchange at the local banks. The hotels all accept US dollars, while restaurants & shops typically accept colones or credit cards.
Website for workshop hotel: https://www.alajuelacityhotel.com/
Website for recommended hot springs overnight option